Tuesday, November 24, 2009

I have very dark brown hair, should I dye my hair blonde?

I have medium length dark brown hair, almost black but not quite as dark as most asian people. I am white, and I usually wear a newspaper boy cap most of the time kind of like izzy stradlin of guns n roses, I have been thinking about dying my hair blonde, but don't know if it would look cool. Would that dramatic of a change look good or bad?



I have very dark brown hair, should I dye my hair blonde?

you will probably come out orange or real brassy



I have very dark brown hair, should I dye my hair blonde?

izzy stradlins HOT! Report It



I have very dark brown hair, should I dye my hair blonde?

i think you should try but think about it very well cause u may not like it! anyway you can dye it again but try to accept yourself as you are!



I have very dark brown hair, should I dye my hair blonde?

My beautician told me that if you were ever somewhat blonde as a little kid, and then your hair turned darker as you grew up, you have a natural coloring that goes fine with blonde hair and that blonde hair will look good on you.



I have very dark brown hair, should I dye my hair blonde?

Sometimes drematic changes can look ok, i's kindda hard to say without looking at it, maybe go and see a hair dresser and ask their advice. Some peole whom usually have dark hair can get away with dying it blonde.



I have very dark brown hair, should I dye my hair blonde?

if you go blonde your roots will be showing very soon so you'll have to keep on top of it very often.



i say stay with the dark hair that's what in now!



I have very dark brown hair, should I dye my hair blonde?

Im going through the same thing besides im blonde and im wanna die my hair a dark brown i say do it if you dont like it you can always change it back



I have very dark brown hair, should I dye my hair blonde?

I can't say anything about the look, totally up to you....but chemically....



If your hair is that dark it will take strong chemicals to make it blond. I assume you are going to have a professional do it. You will have to find someone who will be careful to not go over the previously colored hair so it will not burn. You will have dark roots and it will not be easy to go back to your original color, may take some time or cutting it to start over. Hair lightened that much doesn't hold the dark color and it has to be redone often. But I work in a salon and I see it done, a good professional can help you get the right shade of blond for the look you want. Or, try SERIOUS highlights, they grow out and blend in and don't dry as much. Very dramatic....and easier to change from to something else......



I have very dark brown hair, should I dye my hair blonde?

if you don't like the way you look now, maybe you should try blonde highlights or streaks instead



I have very dark brown hair, should I dye my hair blonde?

as a professional i would recommend that you try blond high lights you could do a lot of little ones all over or you could do blonde chunks here and there. The darker your hair the longer and harder you have to wait to get the really blonde result with out a yellow or orange look i would not do the whole head right away if you do not like the high lights you can always go back with little or no damage to your hair but to do the whole thing is such a big chance and a lot of time waisted if you do not like it



I have very dark brown hair, should I dye my hair blonde?

I am 38 now and have been dyeing my medium brown hair blonde for about 18 years. It suits me VERY well. I do my eybrows to match and on the two occassions I went back to brunette I did not like the look at all.



I did it all at once - went from brunette to marilyn monroe blonde. I realized that that was TOO much, and now use a dye called "Tahitian Honey" that is a nice, moderate blonde. I only have to redye about every six weeks and, now that my roots are showing some grey, I have no intention of stopping. If anyone asks if my colour is natural, I just wink and say, "I'm a brunette in disguise." My husband (a natural blond) loves my colour and so do I. The only way to find out if it suits you is to try it - and if it doesn't, you can dye back to brunette with no problem at all.



Good luck with yr new look!



I have very dark brown hair, should I dye my hair blonde?

A blonde look for you may be wonderful, but BE EXTREMELY CAREFUL!!!!!



If you're serious, don't do it at home- your hair will turn some shade of red and then you'll be tempted to do it again (very damaging to your hair with do-it-at-home chemicals), or you'll then have to go to a salon for color correction. I've seen this happen to many a friend, and by all means, do not use Sun-In either, the results are red for dark hair.



Go to the best salon you know of, no kidding, it is worth it if you are really serious. Your self esteem regarding your image (and hair) is priceless, and just remember that if your hair gets screwed up, there's no way to reverse the damage without re-growing it or re-dying it.



I don't mean to scare you off from your dreams--think of how dark Denise Richards' hair was before she went blonde--and she looks beautiful blonde now, but I guarantee you she had someone who knew what they were doing.



Aveda concept salons are typically very good at color, but they're not the only ones out there. Ask people who's hair color you like where they get their hair done. And don't be afraid to just sit down with a stylist for a pre-color consultation. Make sure you and the stylist groove on what you want. Take in pictures if you can to help show what you're thinking of. An experienced hair stylist will know how to turn your look as natural as it can be, or tell you just how far you can go blonde.



Another couple of ideas are: #1 Maybe trying on a blonde wig before you go all-in just to get an idea if you like blonde on you, and maybe what shade, and #2 To scan the color boxes in the drugstore to see what shade of blonde really strikes you. You can buy the box and take it in to the colorist to give them an idea of what you're looking for, and return the box later. Please, please, please don't use it on your dark hair though. The peroxides in them are very strong and damaging, and would be better used for blonde maintenance.



I write so passionately about this because I had my blonde dreams completely shattered one time by going to a walk-in place where the girl really didn't know how to color. I had to have it color-corrected and lived with a god-awful cut for a year, A YEAR!!! Think of all the people and places you see in a year that you wouldn't want to have bad hair attached to your head with.



On the other hand, I've been ecstatic for months over a wonderful job a girl with Aveda did on my hair.



Thanks for hearing me out, and good luck.



I have very dark brown hair, should I dye my hair blonde?

U could go to Clairol .com and upload a pic and check the color of it. U could go blond but make sure the color of blond matches your skin type. I am caramel color and can wear like a honey blond i wouldn't dare try like platinum.



I have very dark brown hair, should I dye my hair blonde?

Try wigs on in different shades of blonde to see which one goes with your skin tone; if you have warm tones, the honey blondes will look good; if you have a cool skin tone the ash or not warm blonde tones are best..this is lots better than just tinting or bleaching and taking a chance on what would turn out!! also, have it done professionally; it's always worth the money to get it done right the first time.........perhaps they would tell you what over the counter products you can use to keep it up, but I doubt it!!!!!!!!!!! never hurts to ask!!!!!!!1



I have very dark brown hair, should I dye my hair blonde?

Usually people w/ really dark hair don't really look good as blonde. It can make all the blemishes stand out more and some people it can make their chin and nose appear to be redder than usual. It's up to you, but my hair is naturally almost black too and I look like crap as a blonde - I tried it once and that was all it took. Oh and that's not mentioning that it fried my hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
c++